My recap from BlogPotomac is now up on the company blog.
The short version:
- Shel Holtz: I don’t know how you establish a long-term community around a movie.
- Shireen Mitchell: Watching on TV is different from being there in person, and social media can fill some (but not all) of the gaps.
- Shireen Mitchell: The way Congress responds to advocates who use social media will determine how it’s used.
- Scott Monty: Your network is a social media monitoring tool.
- Scott Monty: Social media can serve different purposes for different departments and in different regions.
- Liz Strauss: As soon as you’re hired, you’re no longer a customer: learn to listen.
- Amber Naslund: Using company resources but only building your own brand means both the company and you suffer when you leave.
- Scott Monty (yet again): Have a social media succession plan.
- Shashi Bellamkonda: Reach out to other internal evangelists.
- Doug Meacham: Invite your community to spend downtime with you.
Go read on Advocacy Avenue to find out what they all mean.